Library at a Glance
|Library Space||Total Area: 6385.00 Sq. ft.|
|Additional E Resources||
You will get access to millions of books you need, for free. Unlimited downloads. You may browse by title or author, etc. Currently 274376478 books are available for free and every minute, around 50 new books are added to the database. All downloads are free.
SOME USEFUL WEBSITES ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
SEARCHING FOR PEOPLE
SEARCHING FOR THE LATEST NEWS
SEARCHING FOR SPORTS HEADLINES AND SCORES
SEARCHING FOR MEDICAL INFORMATION
ACADEMIC SEARCH/WEB RESEARCH TOOLS/REFERENCE MANAGERS
|Multimedia, Audio - Visual & Other Collections||
|DEPARTMENT||NUMBER OF TITLES||NUMBER OF VOLUMES||NO. OF NATIONAL JOURNALS|
- All library users must sign in/out register available with the attendant at the gate.
- User should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other readers in the library. Smoking/eating/use of mobile phone/drinking/sleeping is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- While entering the library user should leave his/her personal belongings such as bags, personal books etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose. Loose papers and notebooks may however be taken into the library. Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings. If asked.
- IMSEC library follows an open access system. Remember a book misplaced is a book lost, until tracked.
- The Librarian may suspend library service of a student member for one month. If he/she misbehaves with the library staff.
- User of the library should not deface, mark, cut or damage the reading materials in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage. In case a person repeats the offences a second time his/her library card would be impounded and the membership terminated summarily.
- If any student is found indulging in book hiding, stealing or mutilating, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
- The member would satisfy himself / herself before leaving the issue counter as to whether the book is in good condition or not otherwise he may be held responsible.
- Library remains open from 09:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m.
- Circulation counter shall remain closed during 12:50 p.m. to 01:40 p.m. for lunch break.
- Borrowing facilities are given only to the member of the library. Books may be borrowed only against the College ID card issued to an individual. Borrowing will be done only through the counter. The College ID card is non transferable.
- Books are issued and returned from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Newspapers, periodicals & reference books will not be issued from the Library.
- Book will not be renewed.
- No books in damaged condition will be accepted from the users on return. Damaged books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- In case of loss of books by borrower, the borrower is required either to replace the books by a recent edition, if available or pay its cost.
- Copyright of the CDs will be available for the Users in Multimedia Section.
- If a book is not returned within the stipulated time .The member will be charged a penalty of Rs.05.00 book per day per volume. The fine should be paid at the circulation counter.
- If the relevant book is not easily available in the market then the user would pay the double of the current cost of the book.
- If a borrower does not return the documents in spite of two successive reminders his/her membership is liable to be cancelled without further notice.
- The Librarian can recall books and publications any time if need arises.
USE OF COMPUTER / LAPTOPS ETC
- Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purpose only. Online chatting / dating, browsing of social networking sites, playing game of the computers are strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the library .Students must take care of their Pen drives, /DVD/ROMs, Mobiles and wallets etc.
- Readers should not remove/ unplug computer cables/ connections network cables and other peripherals/ accessories in the library. Changing the setting and display of computer kept in the library is not permitted.
All members of the library team are available for any assistance one may need in using the library resources, facilities & services they are also welcome to offer suggestion for improving library & its environment.